Oracle issued a press release today announcing a new Project Portfolio Management (PPM) solution named Oracle Primavera Prime. Oracle Primavera Prime is the first Enterprise PPM offering designed to leverage Oracle’s Engineered Systems vision, a tightly integrated technology “stack” of Oracle hardware and software components, to deliver superior performance and ROI.
The first module in the Oracle Primavera Prime suite is Oracle Primavera Prime Capital Plan Management. Oracle Primavera Prime is integrated with Oracle’s Primavera P6 and enables time-phased details to be shared between each solution related to budget, cost and schedule progress.
The full press release is below.
Next-Generation PPM Solution, Oracle Primavera Prime, Leverages Engineered Systems Vision to Deliver Exceptional Performance and ROI
Oracle Primavera Prime Capital Plan Management for Developing and Managing Long-Range Capital Plans is the First Offering Available within Oracle Primavera Prime
Prioritizing, planning, managing and executing projects, programs and portfolios on a global scale demands powerful, robust, and easy-to-use solutions. To further meet this demand and extend its support for mission critical Project Portfolio Management (PPM) requirements, Oracle today introduced Oracle Primavera Prime as well as the first available module in that offering, Oracle Primavera Prime Capital Plan Management. Oracle Primavera Prime is the first Enterprise PPM offering designed to leverage Oracle’s Engineered Systems vision, a tightly integrated technology “stack” of Oracle hardware and software components, to deliver superior performance and ROI.
A key element of Oracle’s vision and strategy is to offer integrated hardware and software solutions in all of the major enterprise application and tool categories to deliver superior performance, reliability, support and ROI.
Oracle Primavera Prime represents the initial realization of this vision in Project Portfolio Management (PPM) with the culmination of Oracle platform technology and PPM application innovation, expertise and best practices.
Oracle Primavera Prime Capital Plan Management is the first Oracle Primavera Prime application module available as part of a broader plan to offer a complete portfolio of integrated capabilities in areas such as scheduling, resource management, project team collaboration, scope and cost management.
Oracle Primavera Prime Capital Plan Management leverages the performance of Oracle Primavera Prime to help organizations develop and manage long-range capital plans that are strategically aligned to the business in order to help maximize financial returns.
Oracle will also continue to invest in its portfolio of strategic PPM applications and cloud service offerings which include Oracle’s Primavera P6 EPPM, Oracle’s Unifier and Oracle’s Instantis. Enhancements and innovations to these product lines will continue to be leveraged by the Oracle Primavera Prime application suite.
News Details: Oracle Primavera Prime Capital Plan Management
Key capabilities of Oracle Primavera Prime Capital Plan Management include:
- Budget Planning: Enables capital planners to allocate budgets, review annual budgets against targets, recommend priorities, and model strategies to manage long-range capital planning requirements.
- Project Initiation Governance: Allows key stakeholders to review proposals for new projects and support planning for active as well as planned projects.
- Project Costing: Empowers project managers to easily manage the time-phased cost planning of a project from inception to completion.
- Project Selection: Supports the project prioritization and selection process allowing capital planners to develop a capital portfolio that is balanced and configurable across multiple dimensions such as location, project type and risk/reward.
- Business Process Management: Provides customizable forms and business workflow processes to facilitate the easy and smooth execution of the capital planning process.
- Strategic Alignment and Compliance: Supports alignment and compliance with company priorities by providing reporting and performance monitoring controls to meet company targets, monitor project performance against pre-defined thresholds, predict spends and to mitigate risk.
- Portfolio Monitoring: Enables capital planners to make easy, agile and strategic changes, when necessary, across multiple projects by providing visibility into project budgets and timelines.
- Collaboration: Facilitates collaboration between project managers, capital planners and key stakeholders during critical budget negotiation cycles as well as throughout the capital project lifecycle via inbuilt workflows, discussion and notification capabilities.
- Integration with Oracle’s Primavera P6: Enables time-phase details to be shared between each solution related to budget, cost and schedule progress.
- Mobile Support: With zero additional applets or plugin footprint, Oracle Primavera Prime Capital Plan Management is designed for easy consumption on mobile devices.
“Prioritizing, planning, managing, and executing projects, programs, and portfolios on a global scale is an incredibly complex management process that requires the highest possible levels of performance,” said Mike Sicilia, senior vice president & general manager, Oracle Primavera Global Business Unit. “Oracle Primavera Prime marks the dawn of next-generation for Project Portfolio Management systems. The software and hardware have been engineered to work together from the ground up to offer exceptional performance & ROI, while enabling organizations to achieve strategic alignment, operational excellence and repeatable success.”
Find more information about Oracle Primavera Prime Capital Plan Management here.