Need Any Help For Business ?
Time To Improve Project Operational Strength? Register for an assessment today.
Oracle solutions experts upgrade Oracle Primavera P6 applications & provides custom configurations, eliminates manual reporting processes.
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD) lacked visibility into the overall project performance and resources. The engineering department was unable to generate critical reports in real-time. This hindered the timing and accuracy of resource staffing and assignments, and re-distribution of budgets for any given project. To eliminate manual processes, MWD needed a solution that would provide staff actionable information and reporting for key decision-making during projects.
MWD wanted an automatic reporting solution that would leverage their experience in the company’s existing applications, including P6 EPPM and IBM Cognos. Project Partners was selected to upgrade and configure Oracle Primavera P6 from Release 6.2.1 to P6 EPPM 18.8. This upgrade consisted of the following:
- Conversion and/or creation of approximately 1,000+ closed, in-progress, and future project schedules using Metropolitan defined templates.
- The building of a Cognos BI reporting system consisting of a user interface, dashboards, reports, data warehouse, and custom Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) code.
- The installation and configuration OP3™ to integrate Oracle E-Business Suite’s Project Accounts and Grants Management (PAGM) application with Oracle Primavera P6.
- Customized solutions within P6 to support their requirements.
In addition, P6 Team Member was implemented to assist with status updates and progress reporting.
The PCRS project successfully integrated a reporting and project controls solution that provides MWD managers, project managers, engineering resource managers, and project controls (project administrators) with improved processes and access to critical data.
- Improved processes and access to resource demand and projected costs data
- Increased visibility into project performance and predictability
- Effortless and accurate reporting results