Need Any Help For Business ?
Time To Improve Project Operational Strength? Register for an assessment today.
Experts in process improvement enable project operations team to manage project financials with Oracle Cloud PPM to consolidate their tools into a single solution interface.
SAS implemented Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Applications in 2005 and since 2019 the company has been running Oracle Fusion Cloud PPM (Cloud PPM) for their US Operations. The EBS implementation was financials focused, so their operations team (project managers and others) were struggling with toggling multiple tools to manage their projects effectively in this environment. SAS's key challenge was reporting capabilities at all levels due to the manual effort of extracting, merging, and formatting data from multiple sources. Additional obstacles included:
- Project Managers had no control over how projects were structured.
- Project Managers didn't have the ability to manage actuals to budgets.
- All data in Cloud PPM was entered second or third hand, thereby leading to manual errors which resulted in projects being mismanaged and loss of identified opportunities.
Project Partners was introduced to SAS by the Oracle sales team and were tasked with:
- Reviewing SAS's Cloud PPM implementation.
- Providing a solution design that would enable their project managers and operational managers access to the application and information needed to better manage their projects and business.
Project Partners' solution architects performed a four-week assessment of the current implementation of Cloud PPM, the outcome of which was a comprehensive solution design that would enable their project operations in a seamless flow from Opportunity (in custom CRM) to Project Close (in Cloud PPM). SAS was convinced of the remediation recommendations and contracted with Project Partners to implement the solution which included the following configurations:
- Implementation of Oracle Time & Labor (OTL).
- Single point of entry for all project data at the data source (Salesperson, PMs, Operation Managers).
- Integrated process flow from CRM to Project in Cloud PPM.
- Automated Workflow approvals for all major proposal, planning, and execution processes (Proposal Budget, Final Contract and Approved Budget, Periodic Project Forecasts).
The implementation was a success, enabling project operations managers to manage project financials completely with Oracle Cloud PPM. SAS saw the following improvements in their business & process flows:
- Management has full visibility into all aspects of operations and key projects. All operational users can now use the application.
- All project data is visible (including audits of all approvals).
- Revenue recognition and reporting is simplified, using standard and custom OTBI reports for all users.
- OTL provided cost and operational efficiencies for time entry.