Need Any Help For Business ?
Time To Improve Project Operational Strength? Register for an assessment today.
Experts in project-driven organizations provide business process assessment, provides a global design, gap analysis, & future state flows.
This globsl submarine provider uses a mix of home-built mainframe-based systems to preform financial accounting, labor costing, cost tracking, billing, accounts receivable, and capital accounting functions. These mainframe systems are batch mode systems that interface infrequently. The company also utilizes a variety of SQL Server databases, Excel spreadsheets, access databases and other "open shop" databases to supplement the functionality of their mainframe systems.
In 2011, this submarine provider began the process to replace the mainframe applications. Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) was selected to replace the like mainframe applications. With such a large project that impacted many systems, thousands of users, and disparate data sources that had not previously been integrated, change management was a big challenge for the company. The impact of the potential change management that resulted in many modifications to scope and direction of the overall project.
In September 2013, Project Partners Service Organization was engaged to provide projects and project contracts implementation expertise. The following deliverables were established:
- A lead solution architect role for global and application design for project billing and project contracts: requirements, GAP analysis, current process flows and future state process flows.
- A solution design for award to cash process stream: level 3 future state process flows, requirements traceability matrix, final list of WRICE.
- System configuration documents, scope analysis and recommendations, CRP1 schedule, business test cases, and team lead activities and project plan.
The significant change management required for this implementation resulted in multiple revisions to scope, direction and approach that was driven by in-depth analysis and high-level design activities.
Through the analysis and design provided by Project Partners, this submarine provider was able to fully understand:
- the impact of the significant system changes to the IT and Finance organization.
- the time commitment required from internal resources to meet an acceptable timeline, while moving from a 'business as usual' to 'process improvement' approach to the implementation.
At the time that Project Partners disengaged with the company, a global design, gap analysis, and future state process flows were provided.