Need Any Help For Business ?
Time To Improve Project Operational Strength? Register for an assessment today.
Experts in Oracle Applications provide multiple implementations & upgrades, allowing project teams to gain complete control of their financial plans.
Burns & McDonnell, ranked among the nation's leading design and construction firms, has been using Oracle Applications since early 2000, using a full HR and core financial deployment, and a highly customized version of the Oracle Project Costing and Billing modules.
In 2011, the company planned to implement Project Partners' User Interface Applications™ (UI-Apps), Oracle Project Management, and various costing improvements in their 11i environment prior to upgrading to R12. Due to customer delays, both projects were merged. The combined project challenges and new objectives were the following:
- Upgrade Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) to Release 12, implement new functionality, and eliminate customizations
- Implement User Interface Applications™ (UI-Apps) and Oracle Project Management.
- Implement Canada Operating Unit and Multicurrency.
Project Partners was engaged by Burns & McDonnell to provide the following services and solutions:
- Implementation of UI-Apps, including customizations for existing worksheets, new worksheets, and summarizations.
- Implementation of Oracle Project Management, including customizations for cost and revenue financial plan processing.
- Implementation of Project Costing improvements.
- Upgrade of Projects suite to R12.1.3., including configuration, verification, and conversions.
- Implementation of the new Subledger Accounting module in R12.
As a result of the UI-Apps and Oracle Project Management implementation, ownership of financial plans shifted from Burns and McDonnell's Accounting Department to its Project Teams:
- The change to time phased budgeting and forecasting allows the ability to status plans and produce earned value metrics.
- UI-Apps enables project teams have better visibility and control of their financial plans.
- Burns & McDonnell moved from a custom user front-end tool to UI-Apps, a fully supported front-end tool, which is fully integrated with Oracle Applications. As a result, actuals, budgets, and forecasts are aligned and all on Oracle Applications.
- Project costing changes, including project structure and expenditure configuration, promote the use of Oracle Projects as a true sub ledger.